북한의 외국인 대상 조선어교육 운영 실태 분석 연구 -김일성종합대학교 연수자의 경험을 중심으로-Analysis of korean Language Education Curriculum for Foreigners in North Korea
- Other Titles
- Analysis of korean Language Education Curriculum for Foreigners in North Korea
- Kim, Hangeun
- Issue Date
- 언어와 문화, v.17, no.3, pp.195 - 218
- Journal Title
- 언어와 문화
- Start Page
- End Page
- .The purpose of this study is to examine the Korean language education curriculum for foreigners in North Korea. We focused on interviews with Chinese international students who participated in the ‘Chosun Exchange Scholarship Program’ from April to October 2016 at Kim Il-sung University. To this end, two written interviews and three in-depth interviews were conducted to secure the validity and reliability of the study. Through interviews, it was found that in 2016, a total of 35 foreigners received Korean language education at Kim Il-sung University. In addition, it was found that the Korean language education curriculum for foreigners in North Korea is divided into 'Korean language education as a foreign language' and 'general Korean language education'. Compared to the Korean language curriculum as a foreign language, it was found that the general Korean language education curriculum had about two hours more class time per week and the number of subjects was also four more. Also, the textbooks used in the general Korean language education curriculum were different from the textbooks in the Korean language curriculum as a foreign language. However, the observation activities were carried out in the same way as the Korean language curriculum as a foreign language, and through this, the system propaganda effect was being promoted. Lectures were mainly centered on teachers, and achievement evaluation was conducted once at the end of the term. The interviewer evaluated that this experience in North Korea had a positive influence on interviewer’s career choice.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- College of Liberal Arts > Korean Language and Literature > 1. Journal Articles
Items in Scholar Hub are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.